Saturday, March 21, 2015

Jesus Takes Care of Our Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow



“Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
Hebrews 13:8

The more I get to know who Jesus is, the more I see that He’s the same. The consistent nature of the Savior is the thing I can hold onto when all that’s around me is changing.
Life is constant change. It changes biologically, relationally, emotionally, and spiritually.
I know that Jesus’ blood shed on the cross paid for my past. My sins were forgiven the moment I believed. That’s a truth I can hold onto. I don’t need to pay for the things I did, the words I said or the thoughts I thought.

What about now? Now I am a Christian what happens when I sin and make a mess of things and fail to put into practice the things I’ve learned?
Jesus is still the same. His love is the same. His mercy is the same His compassion is the same. His forgiveness is the same. He is the same Savior now as He was then. I may change, but Jesus doesn’t.


The future is before us.  We look forward anticipating marriage, kids, tuition payments, supporting a family, retirement, health issues, loss of loved ones and we naturally worry. What are we going to do? We will trust in the One Who never changes. His plan includes all these things in our lives. We need to experience them and trust in Him along the way that He will never leave us or forsake us.

No comments: